Feb 27, 2014

The Chop and The Bump

 So I finally did it.  After MONTHS of thinking about it and dreading the scarf and jacket season (does your hair turn into a nest for birds or rats at the back of your head when you wear a scarf?  Because mine sure as hell does)
I chopped off my hair.  At least 8 inches I think.
It was rolling around the middle of my back and it was great, for years I kept it long.  But it was time.

Every ten years or so I chop it off short, and it had been at least 13 this time around.

I realize that chopping off a lot of my hair while PREGNANT is a questionable decision.
I went into it recognizing that I might cry like a teenager for weeks afterwards.

But you know what?
Nothing!

Not a single tear!

Not once have I looked in the mirror and gone "WHAAAT HAVE I DONE??"

Some days it's a little goofy.  I will happily admit that.
Like in this first picture.

Also why do I always have to make that face??

But all in all, it's great. 
Plus, I am still basically doing what I did before, which is blast dry my bangs and then let the rest fend for itself.

When I first did it (it's been about a month I think now) I actually used a CURLING IRON on the top sections, because they are juuust short enough that the curl is gone.

But that's INSANE.
I'm going to have another BABY in 2 months.

I can't go around CURLING MY HAIR everyday.
I'm lucky if I remember to brush my teeth in the mornings.  NOW.



Plus I went out and bought myself some dry shampoo (WHY is that stuff so smelly??  Does anyone make a non/mildly scented version of that stuff??) and some "molding paste" or some other crazy product (equally smelly) to rub into it on non wash days, because let's be real here.

TWO KIDS.

But I likes it and I'm super glad I did it.
The lovely gals at Shampoo Hair Bar treat me right, if you are in the area and want a great cut.

Also, side note, LOOK AT MY BELLY! I'm at 30 weeks in this picture.

I have literally only taken THREE pictures of my pregnant self. All of them terrible.
But if you really want to see, I am growing nearly EXACTLY like I did last time, only Chickpea is riding lower.  Whatever THAT means.

Plus I'm bitchier about it this time.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hey! I just found your blog (looking at your bed rails you made -- we need some for my two girls, thinking I’m gonna be copying you! That was awesome.) Then I just kinda peaked around. I agree with you about dry shampoo being so smelly! I ended up washing mine out a couple hours after the first use because I couldn’t take it, and I never used it again. Then after I had my second and needed hair rescuing I ended up trying cocoa power as dry shampoo. Sounds insane but it really works for brown hair and the smell is very subtle (and delicious.) (Blog evidence photos here if you are wondering: http://walkingwithdancers.blogspot.com/2013/07/mom-hair-part-2-dry-shampoo.html)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...