Mar 26, 2013

Toddler Tuesdays :: Baby books make me cry

I am not even joking.

We were given a copy of "I Love You Forever" when Sonny was born and I CAN NOT make it through even half way before turning into a blubbering mess.  WEEPING MESS.


Half way is generous actually.

The last few nights we've started a new bedtime thing where Sonny and I will sit in a big pile of pillows and sheepskins that I set up in front of his bookshelf as a cozy reading area.

I should say that I have set it up as a cozy reading area and that HE is more interested in throwing the books all over and then throwing his animals all over the pillows Fight to the Death style.

I'm working on the cozy nook part.

BUT LAST NIGHT!  We were laying in our cozy pile reading books and I asked him to pick out one last one and OF COURSE he grabs this one.
"Berk n Force Mama.  Berk N Force"

I'm all Whaat??  OH!  BACK AND FORTH... as in "she rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth..."  SOB SOB SOB!


I made it until the boy is a teenager before the waterworks started.
Sonny actually looked over at me like "what is GOING ON with you tonight??"

It was amazing.

1 comment:

Deedee said...

I still can not read that book without tears...there is also a Taylor Swift song about how she loves her mom that makes me SOB right now. I mean, TAYLOR SWIFT?!? I blame it on being pregnant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...