Feb 4, 2013

Bookhou is a company that I admire.  Their blog has been on my list for a long time, and Arounna's designs and aesthetic are so clean and lovely.






I came across this post on her blog Bookhou At Home and it resonated with me as I am also a small business, and I was just having a conversation with a friend of mine about how I constantly undersell myself and how it is such a struggle for me to find a balance between what my work is worth and what I think the market will bear.

Other designers and makers, how do you reconcile your pricing?

I recognize that part of my issue is that I have a hard time separating my self from my work.  I am sure I am not the only artist/designer/crafter to struggle with this, but I can't seem to find a place in my head to pull the two apart.  While I know that Janamade is not ME, I spend so much time immersed in JM that it's hard to find the edges I guess.

It's a work in progress for sure!

*all images above are from Bookhou At Home*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...