Jan 17, 2013

Savory Bread Pudding

Sooo this is essentially stuffing for dinner.

It's REALLY good.
(It's gluten and dairy free too.  I am going to try it egg free next time I make it... but I halved the called for eggs and subbed in a flax egg to even it out again.  I could potentially make it vegan too, but then it wouldn't have SAUSAGE in it!)

I based it on this recipe that I found on pinterest.  OH PINTEREST.

I used some GF croutons that my Mom had given to me leftover from holiday stuffing, and I have been trying to think of ways to use it besides salad and sweet bread pudding.

I didn't have any mushrooms, so I added carrots, parsnip, kale and SAUSAGE.
And we can't have dairy so I used some soy cheddar that I just shredded fine.  Usually we don't use soy either, but we had it on hand.

It was delish.

I will definitely make this again.
It's perfect November Food you know.  Am I the only one who feels like all food should come wrapped in pastry come October?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...