Dec 11, 2010

After the Wee one arrives

I have been thinking a lot about what I will do with myself once we have this baby. We're due at the end of April and I feel like that's a LONG time away. But I know better than to expect Time to give me any breaks. That bastard loves to just rush on by me regardless of how prepared I try to be for him.

And my studio is going to be the baby's room. So I am going to be taking a haitus from metal smithing while I get used to the idea of being a mother and let this new person settle in. My father in law, who frankly is quite possibly the GREATEST, has offered to create a space for me in the garage at the lake and I am SO unbelievably grateful to be able to have a space at all, let alone one where we spend a lot of time and where there is usually family around to babysit.

How did I get so lucky?

I am not sure but I am going to come up with something.

But until then, because I am sure that this won't be something that happens right away, I have been giving the idea some thought.

The idea of What the Heck I am going to do with myself until I am making jewellery again. That one.

Because I know that I am not always the most productive little jeweller out there, but I really do love it. It is something that makes me happy to be able to do and I always appreciate the time spent in my studio, once I get in there after procrastinating as long as I possibly can.

I am sure there is a clinical name for this.


ANYWAY. What I am getting at is that I have been thinking about drawing again, and I am pretty sure there will be some textile work in there too. I am not sure what yet, but Lena Corwin and Lotta Jansdottir are both incredibly inspiring to me and I love the idea of being able to provide beautiful things for my home.

And sewing. I'll be doing some of that too I think.

I've even been thinking of where I'll do this and I am afraid that the only place I can think of (and have already decorated in my head) is Geoff's study space.

I am hoping that he will be willing to share.

I haven't talked to him about this yet though. He just wrote his last exam for this semester today and I don't want to harass the poor man.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...