Nov 5, 2009

Bethany's ring

Lovely Bethany just got a new dog about a month and a half ago.
Ruby (how cute!) is a year and a half old Puggle and she is intense and adorable and just the sweetest thing.
And Bethany wanted a ruby ring for her new best friend.

So. This is what I made her.
(She actually told me exactly what she wanted and I just made it for her, but it's beautiful and now I want one.)



(it's actually a garnet, rubies are mad $$$, and she wanted gold so we had to work with the budget. but I like this better I think. Rubies are very pink and this stone has so much depth.)

It feels really good to be working in the studio again. With the move and work I feel like I haven't been in there in months, but I have got a pair of earrings sitting in there now for Miss Imrie's birthday tomorrow, and a couple of rings that I want to finish so I can post them on etsy. The shop has been sadly empty for too long and I am determined to get it going again.
I'll let you know when I do.

I've also got a slice of basswood that I am excited to paint. (I can't decide if I'm going to paint it or what yet, watercolour pencils maybe? I thought I might try my hand at wood burning, but then I'd have to go out and buy a tool, and I've still got to get my hands on an electric engraver so I can work on a ring for my cousin (I'M SORRY TY! IT'S COMING I PROMISE!!!)

so. back to it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...