May 22, 2008

wall shelves!

Okay, so I don't know if you are aware of how much I love wall shelves.
I love them.
- they keep crap off the floor
- they usually look pretty nice
- I love things tidy, and they have a knack for keeping things at least UP.
- they don't make the room feel smaller (like some arrangements of bookshelves I've had in my life in the past)
And I've had a lot of bookshelves in my day, I'll tell you.

They are just great, and I have been JONESING to get some into the new studio space to organize my catologues and misc. crappola that I invariably collect.
Even though I try REALLY hard to simplify and minimize my stuff on a semi regular basis.

Geoff is amazed at the amount of clothes that get donated every three months.
And I barely shop at all any more.

Where does it come from?


So, new wall shelves.
Yeah.



I still have some tidying and organizing to do yet, there are still a few things that I can't find ANYWHERE that I kind of really need. Like my chequebook.
Ugh.

I know that it will turn up somewhere weird, but I'd really like it if it would show up soon since I've got some chegues to write.
Like, right now.

Last night instead of watching TV when I got home from work, I drafted the pattern for my BAG. Yeah, that's right, I am designing a bag.
It's just for me, since I have incredibly specific bag needs (all in my head, I know)
and I am really excited about it. I probably won't start actually making it for a while yet, since I haven't decided on colour or fabric or any of those fussy little things like necessary details.
I've got a button for it so far.

It's a process.

Okay, I'm off to work. Today I am interviewing for new staff. All by myself.
Yikes!

1 comment:

Presentation Shelving said...

Your shelve looks good Jana. Very conventional. I create wall shelving, however I am more into shelves that are for displaying cherished items and such. Also, if you are the one that made that jewelry on the side, it looks really nice. talented.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...